Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A Wright Gathering, 1922

On another internet site, http://tapscottfamilyhistory.blogspot.com, I published a photo, which I first claimed to be that of a gathering of Tapscotts (Tuesday, April 18, 2017). It does indeed include some Tapscotts – my dad, Glenn; my aunts Alta and Lillie; my uncle Lloyd; my grandmother Edna Wright, but it is actually a 1922 photo of a Wright reunion, rather than a Tapscott reunion. Those present are descendants of Rev. Richard and Joanna Paschal Wright and their spouses.


Appearing in the photo as an eleven-year-old boy is Sylvester Shade (1911-1985), a grandson of Mary Malinda Wright, daughter of Rev. Richard Wright. Over thirty years ago Sylvester created a list of names and photo locations of those pictured. Because of Sylvester and his brother Edgar, who kept the document safe, we can now identify people. We thank Sylvester and Edgar’s nephew Pat Shade for passing the list on. I was going to retype the record, but at least for the time being, it is being posted in its original form. Unfortunately there are far too many people present to place names or other identifiers in the photo itself.

Gathering of descendants of Richard and Joanna Wright, home of Nicholas and Mary Malinda (Wright) Reed, 1922.







No comments:

Post a Comment